Thursday, April 1, 2010

Explanations and Introductions

Friends and family,

For those of you who might not know what this is all about, here's an explanation: I'M GOING TO LONDON!!!! I got accepted into BYU's Spring 2010 London Theatre Study Abroad program, which goes from April 27-June 11. I'll be studying Shakespeare and British Theatre Performance while seeing the sights and breathing the fog of London.

I decided that the easiest way to keep in touch with all of you and keep you updated while I'm in London would be through a blog. So, of course, I'm setting that up right now instead of writing the paper that's due tomorrow...This is just SO much more entertaining! I know, I know; I'll finish the paper, ok? Anyway, I won't have a cell phone while I'm overseas, so the easiest way to get in touch with me will be through email or comments on this blog.

I'm getting more and more excited every day to leave for the capital of England! I still can't believe I'm actually going - it feels very unreal that I'm going to be across the Atlantic in just 3 1/2 weeks. I'm starting to get nervous too, which surprised me. Traveling hasn't ever scared me before, although I suppose the longest trip I've ever taken without my family was only 10 days. And I've never been out of the country before. So I figure it's ok that I'm a little nervous. :P
I love you all!

Oh, PS, if there's anything you think I NEED to do while I'm there, or any special pictures you want me to take, or suggestions for making the most of a big trip like this one, let me know. I'll do my best to take all of your advice and take care of your requests!

1 comments:

happyhart said...

Good luck Paige! Soon I hope to send you my best GF recipes regardless of whether or not you can make them overseas. If you have an address maybe I could even put together a care package!

Post a Comment